Why use EasyCompanies for your ABN registration?
EasyCompanies has experience in processing thousands of ABN applications. We have considerable experience in the ABN application process and know where it can go wrong. By using EasyCompanies you'll get the following:
No need to visit another website, fill out a lengthy form and re-enter all your company details.
- Trusted & Certified
EasyCompanies is a registered tax agent (#24719723).
Let us take care of the complex ATO application.
95% of our customers receive their ABN before 11am the following business day.
- Includes TFN, GST and PAYG registration
Does my company need an ABN?
Your company will need an ABN if:
- it will be issuing invoices or receiving payments.
- it will earn over $74,999 a year (and will need to be registered for GST).
- it intends to open a bank account (as most bank applications require an ABN).
- it intends to pay directors or employees a wage/salary (as it needs to be registered for PAYG - Withholding Tax).
How long will it take?
ABN (Australian Business Number):
95% of companies receive their ABN within 1 hour during business hours. It will be delivered via email as soon as it has been issued. However in some cases the ATO may wish to review the application, in this case it can take up to 28 days. We will do our best to expedite this process.
These numbers aren't instantly issued and the ATO (Australian Tax Office) needs to review these applications. You will receive these numbers along with a confirmation of ABN registration via postal mail within 3-5 working days.
I have an ABN for my sole trader/partnership - can I use that for my company?
No, you cannot reuse or link any existing ABN to your company, you will need to apply for a new one.
It is against the law to use your sole trader/partnership ABN on invoices issued from the company.
For more information see this page on the ATO website.
What information do you need from me?
At a minimum you will need to provide the following information:ABN Registration:
- Company Phone / Email Address
- Primary Business Activity (i.e. Iron Ore Mining)
- At least 1 director/shareholder contact details (phone number)
- Roughly estimated GST sales turnover
- Desired GST reporting period (monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Roughly estimated number of employees (including directors receiving a salary)
- Rough estimated amount of income tax to be withheld
To avoid potential delays in the application you will also need to provide:ABN Registration:
- Tax File Number (TFN) of all directors/secretaries
Already registered a company with us and forgot to include ABN Registration?
No problem, visit the following link where you can upgrade your company. Add an ABN to my existing company.
We also offer abn registration via our partner site - EasyABNs. You can register an ABN within 5-10 minutes with documents delivered within 24-48 hours.