This is definitely possible, provided you follow these instructions:
1. Enter your preferred company name into the name selection toolbar.
2. To prove that the trust holds the business name, enter the attached ABN/State business number where asked.
3. Include the details of at leave one trustee (at your discretion) as a director or shareholder in the ‘company entities’ section.
4. At the bottom of the screen answer ‘yes’ that the shares will be held on behalf of a trust and enter the name of the trust in the text box that appears.
5. ASIC will require a copy of the trust schedule to be presented to them to verify that you are in fact the trustee of the trust currently holding the business name.
6. You can email the trust schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will liaise with ASIC on your behalf.
All information provided on this webpage is general information about our products and services. Nothing on this webpage is intended to be professional advice of any kind and should not be relied on as such. You should obtain specific financial, legal or other professional advice before relying on the content of this webpage. By not seeking such advice, you accept the risk that the information on this webpage may not meet the specific needs of your business. Our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law in accordance with our website terms and conditions.
Updated — Jul 25, 2019