Company Registration

Everything you need to know about starting and running, including how to nominate directors and shareholders.

I don’t want to disclose my residential address in the application, what should I do?

When you apply to register your company with ASIC they do require company entities to provide their residential address. This is added to ASIC’s public database. Under certain circumstances it is possible to apply to either use an alternative address (Form 378) or to have your residential address suppressed (Form 379). These forms must be completed and lodged with ASIC, with, in the case of Form 378, a $38 application fee.

ASIC will generally approve applications submitted for the following reasons:

  1. The Australian Electoral Commission has granted the applicant a special status of ‘silent enrolment’, meaning that only their name and not address features on the electoral roll.
  2. Your name is not on the electoral roll at all.
  3. The provision of your residential address would put your personal safety or that of your family at risk.


For further information please read here.

This information is of a general nature only and does not constitute professional advice. You must seek professional advice in relation to your particular circumstances before acting.

Updated — Dec 21, 2015

Ready to start your company?

Start your company, today.