If your website host or email service provider has issued you with DNS records or custom name servers to configure within your domain settings then please follow the relevant steps outlined below. This will have the effect of pointing the domain to the host destination. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for new records to fully propagate, meaning that your website or email services may not be active straight away.
You can update your domain by:
- Logging into your EasyCompanies account;
- Clicking on the ‘Online’ tab on the left-hand side of the dashboard;
- Then selecting the ‘Advanced DNS’ icon underneath the domain that you wish to update.
To update the Custom Name Servers:
- Select ‘Manage’ next to the first option at the top of the page, titled ‘Name Servers’;
- Under the heading, ‘Setup Type’ select the ‘custom’ option;
- Enter one name server per text box. If you have more than two name servers to add then please click on ‘add another name server’ and an additional text box will appear;
- Review the name servers to ensure that no unnecessary spaces or extra full stops have been added;
- Click ‘Save’.
To update the DNS records:
- Select the ‘Add….Record’ next to the relevant record type that requires updating;
- Enter the details provided by your host in the text boxes provided;
- Click ‘Save’.
N.B. If you are entering a new ‘A’ record or ‘CNAME’ record then please ensure that you remove the existing records in these fields. If you do not remove these records then the new ones will not propagate and your website will not be functional.
Should this process prove to be too difficult or confusing then please don’t hesitate to email through your domain name and DNS records/name servers to firstname.lastname@example.org so that our team can conduct the update for you.
All information provided on this webpage is general information about our products and services. Nothing on this webpage is intended to be professional advice of any kind and should not be relied on as such. You should obtain specific financial, legal or other professional advice before relying on the content of this webpage. By not seeking such advice, you accept the risk that the information on this webpage may not meet the specific needs of your business. Our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law in accordance with our website terms and conditions.
Updated — Oct 2, 2019