You cannot add a trust directly into a company, you must add the trustee itself.
If the Trustee is an Individual
1. Under the ‘Company Entities’ section, select ‘Add an Individual’
2. Complete the individual’s personal details, including their first name and surname
3. Tick the shareholder box (and any others that apply)
4. At the bottom of the page you will be asked, ‘Will these shares be held on behalf of another trust, individual or organisation?’ Select ‘yes’.
5. Type the name of the trust into the pop-up box (i.e. The Smith Family Trust)
If the Trustee is an Organisation
1. Under the ‘Company Entities’ section, select ‘Add an Organisation/Company Trustee’
2. Enter the Company’s ASIC registered name and Australian Company Number (ACN) i.e. Giants Pty Ltd NOT Giants Pty Ltd ATF The Smith Family Trust
3. At the bottom of the page you will be asked, ‘Will these shares be held on behalf of another trust, individual or organisation?’ Select ‘Yes’.
4. At this point you can type the name of the trust into the box that appears (i.e. The Smith Family Trust)
You may also be required to provide us with a copy of your trust schedule to lodge with ASIC as proof of the existence of the trust.
All information provided on this webpage is general information about our products and services. Nothing on this webpage is intended to be professional advice of any kind and should not be relied on as such. You should obtain specific financial, legal or other professional advice before relying on the content of this webpage. By not seeking such advice, you accept the risk that the information on this webpage may not meet the specific needs of your business. Our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law in accordance with our website terms and conditions.
Updated — Sep 6, 2018