Company Registration

Everything you need to know about starting and running, including how to nominate directors and shareholders.

Can I correct my company name/details after the company is registered?

Under some circumstances you may be able too. You can lodge a Form 492 ‘Request for Correction’ with ASIC if a minor mistake has been made in the company application. These errors most commonly include a typographical error, such as a space or full stop to be added or omitted, or letters that are transposed or omitted in a word. This form must be lodged strictly within 24 hours of company registration.

To lodge a Form 492 you must:

1. Download a Form 492 ‘Request for correction’ which can be found by clicking here

2. Print this form off

3. Fill out the form as required

4. Scan the filled out form

5. Email the filled out form to within the next 24 hours (sooner is better rather than later)

6.In the email the company director needs to write a paragraph stating what needs to be corrected in the company application. State the company’s ACN as well as the company’s name and a contact number.

Our team will then forward the documentation to ASIC on your behalf.

All information provided on this webpage is general information about our products and services. Nothing on this webpage is intended to be professional advice of any kind and should not be relied on as such. You should obtain specific financial, legal or other professional advice before relying on the content of this webpage. By not seeking such advice, you accept the risk that the information on this webpage may not meet the specific needs of your business. Our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law in accordance with our website terms and conditions.

Updated — Jun 28, 2019

Ready to start your company?

Start your company, today.